Quest’s 2021 Corporate Responsibility Report provides information regarding the company’s approach to environmental, social, and governance (ESG) issues and features the initiatives, research, metrics, and innovative collaborations launched in 2021 while working around the clock for a second year to meet COVID-19 demand.
“ExamOne is proud to be a part of Quest Diagnostics‘s commitment to being an excellent corporate citizen. We know these values strongly resonate with our employees, clients, and partners. Together, we can help positively make an impact in the communities where we work and live.” – Subu Ramachandran, ExamOne President.
The report features key impact areas and highlights from 2021, including:
- Time and resources donated to colleagues and communities, with more than 27,000 hours volunteered by employees and approximately 800,000 test requisitions donated or discounted through patient assistance programs and Quest for Health Equity.
- Reduction of the company’s environmental footprint by completing the integration of northeast regional operations into a 250,000–square-foot next-generation lab facility in Clifton, NJ. The Clifton laboratory is now one of the largest medical laboratories globally.
- Commitment to identifying, hiring, and developing our diverse talent. More than 56% of U.S.-based Quest employees identify as people of color, representing more diversity than the U.S. workforce as a whole. Seventy-one percent of the company’s workforce is female, also exceeding the representation of women in the U.S. workforce.
- Over 5,000 Quest colleagues were promoted and advanced their careers at Quest.
- Added two additional Employee Business Networks, Pan Asian Leaders, and Caregivers, bringing the total to 10 with over 7,000 memberships. Pride, the company’s first EBN, celebrated 20 years of programming, advocacy, and education.
- Tracy Doi joined the company’s Board of Directors, which consists of five men and four women, with over 20% of total board members representing a diverse race or ethnicity. Ms. Doi serves as Chief Financial Officer for Toyota Motor North America.